Welcome to My Corner of the World



I hope you find humor, inspiration and something worthwhile on this blog. I plan to be as candid as possible. Life is hard. I know, I've overcome a lot (and still have a way to go).
It doesn't help others if the rough things are glossed over.

I will no doubt fill this blog with stories of my achievements as a mom as well as my personal struggles.

I have an incredible husband whom I call "my sanity." I have two great kids with strong personalities. I struggle with anxiety and depression and I have had a colorful childhood.

I also have an addiction to Gilmore Girls, A&W Cream Soda, and Starbucks peppermint mocha.
I have recently added biking to my list of hobbies and also love to read, knit, and play tennis.

Welcome to my little corner of the world!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wednesday Go Home, You're Drunk.


  Yesterday was Wednesday.  We as a society have embraced Wednesdays with open arms since they represent the week being half over.
  I must say by noon yesterday I was giving my Wednesday the cold shoulder.

  It all started way too early for anything like this.
  I was getting in the fridge for some milk for A's breakfast.  I realized I was reaching for the wrong milk (hers is soy), so I corrected my mistake.
  Oops.
  My ring caught on the handle of our very full gallon-pitcher of tea sending sweet tea cascading down the shelves of the fridge door, all over me, and finally stopping in a large puddle on the floor (which Dog loved drinking).
  Happy Wednesday to me...

  I'm pretty sure this, now lovingly referred to as The Tea Incident, will be referenced a lot.

  So what does one do immediately following something like this?  Post it on facebook and send a text to friends, of course.
  I got my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket and saw it had some tea on it, so I wiped it off.
  As I tried to send my very humorous text, I realized the tea had caused a short (or something) in my phone.  Yes, the tea damaged the phone that was in my Pocket.  Ugh.
  I took the phone apart and put it in rice, hoping that would dry up whatever may have gotten inside.  Unfortunately, while that was a great idea, it was not helpful.
  Not to worry, Wednesday wasn't done with me yet.  The phone will turn on...and even get calls and texts.  But that's where the mocking begins.  You see, there's nothing I can do about those calls/texts.  The buttons won't work.

  The fridge is also suffering some (hopefully) short-term effects...the light-button thingy now sticks, so when one opens the door, it's dark inside for the first few seconds.

  As we all know, I like to look on the bright side of things, so here's my list from The Tea Incident of 2014:
  I got to wipe down all of the condiments that were in those convenient shelves-in-the-door.
  I will be getting a new phone.
  I survived yesterday (there was a point where I wasn't so sure...)

  ~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment