Welcome to My Corner of the World



I hope you find humor, inspiration and something worthwhile on this blog. I plan to be as candid as possible. Life is hard. I know, I've overcome a lot (and still have a way to go).
It doesn't help others if the rough things are glossed over.

I will no doubt fill this blog with stories of my achievements as a mom as well as my personal struggles.

I have an incredible husband whom I call "my sanity." I have two great kids with strong personalities. I struggle with anxiety and depression and I have had a colorful childhood.

I also have an addiction to Gilmore Girls, A&W Cream Soda, and Starbucks peppermint mocha.
I have recently added biking to my list of hobbies and also love to read, knit, and play tennis.

Welcome to my little corner of the world!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Stickin' With It...

  I've been monitoring my blog views...it *may* have been an obsession for a week or two....
  Anyway, I noticed the other day that the page views dropped drastically (not that they were very high.  If you start out with 10 or less page views/day and go up to an average between 60-200, that's kinda big, though).
  Then I realized I haven't been keeping my kitchen posts going.
  Ah, you guys just want to see how messy it gets, huh? I quit posting pictures and you quit reading!  Just kidding...
  As much as I would love for the content of my blog to help, encourage, amuse, or advise someone, it's become such a therapeutic activity for me to write that even if the traffic stops, I'll keep on writing.

  For those of you who know me know that I kind of have a hard time completing projects.  I get excited and motivated and attack it.  And then I lose interest.  And then the project gets hidden away and forgotten (the reason I have yet to finish knitting a baby blanket I've started--I love the idea of knitting a blanket, but let's face it, I get bored with 9x9 wash cloths and potholders...).

  So take my kitchen picture project.  I thought it was a brilliant idea.  I was excited!  I was motivated!  I made it to day 15 (half-way to my goal!) and sent an excited text to a few friends because I Stuck With It For 15 Days!
 
  Then I get to picture 21 and 6 days go by before another.  Sorry 'bout that!
  It did kind of fall by the wayside.  I think perhaps I was avoiding the end of the project.  I love adding a visual to my blog, but what to do after the kitchen?  Sure I could keep posting pics of different areas of my house (believe me, the kitchen isn't the only area that gets a wee bit neglected), but that seemed a bit redundant.  By now most of you get that I'm real, that I'm not perfect, but that I'm still pretty awesome ;)

  So if anyone has any ideas of any good photo projects for me to add to the blog, I'd love to hear them!

  That brings me to my main point.  At the risk of sounding like a hypochondriac, I'm pretty sure I have ADD.  I would say "who knew?!" but it appears that several people in my life had a bit of a clue.  As usual, I tend to be the last one to know these things.
  I freely admit it may not be ADD, but something needs to change.  Whether it's my meds, adding a diagnosis, or something else, I'm not sure.  But I plan to find out.

  The Hubby gets annoyed when I make a comment and he asks what I said (let's face it, we women have to repeat a Lot of what we say to our husbands...), and I look at him for a second trying to remember, but I can't.  His response is always an incredulous "You just said it 3 seconds ago!"
  That happens A Lot to me.

  Another annoying thing (because not being able to remember what I said 3 seconds ago, and not being able to follow through with projects isn't enough) is spending a solid 5 minutes lost deep in thought, really working through a problem, or creating something in my head, and 30 seconds after returning to the real world, I can't remember what I was thinking about.
  Grr!
 
  I actually saw my new nurse practitioner last week and was telling her about my suspected ADD (something I've put a lot of thought and time into researching) and she asked why I thought I might have it.  I honestly couldn't remember why.
  But not to worry, I didn't want to look flaky in front of her, so I came up with a valid reason.  It was a bit thin, but there ya have it!
 
  Enjoy the new kitchen picture that's up ;)  I'll finish it and do 30 days.  Really, I will!

  ~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment