Welcome to My Corner of the World



I hope you find humor, inspiration and something worthwhile on this blog. I plan to be as candid as possible. Life is hard. I know, I've overcome a lot (and still have a way to go).
It doesn't help others if the rough things are glossed over.

I will no doubt fill this blog with stories of my achievements as a mom as well as my personal struggles.

I have an incredible husband whom I call "my sanity." I have two great kids with strong personalities. I struggle with anxiety and depression and I have had a colorful childhood.

I also have an addiction to Gilmore Girls, A&W Cream Soda, and Starbucks peppermint mocha.
I have recently added biking to my list of hobbies and also love to read, knit, and play tennis.

Welcome to my little corner of the world!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dog


  So I have this dog.  I love him.  He's just so happy.  He's this typical happy-go-lucky kinda guy, and that just makes me happy.
  He's also quirky.  He fits right in to our family.  He has anxiety issues and jumps all over the family room, snapping at imaginary flies when he feels unsettled (which is rather frequently).
  I'm fairly convinced that if he was a human, he'd also have ADHD.
  
  He loves to play in the snow, and we've had a lot of it lately.  He loves to catch the snowflakes as they fall from the sky and has some pretty cool acrobatic moves to get them (and yet he can't learn to sit...).  He loves to eat the snow off the ground.  He loves to dig in the snow.
  Apparently if he was a human, he'd also be a member of the Polar Bear Club.  You know the one where people go swimming outside in the winter...?  Yikes!

  The other day we took a family walk to the lake that's down the hill from our house.  There was snow on the ground, and some ice on the lake.
  Dog was determined to get in the water.  I let him get close at first because 1) I wanted to see what he'd do, 2) I thought he might like a drink, and 3) I thought he'd be surprised at the cold temp.
  Well, I was wrong.
  Dog wanted to swim in the water.  Swim.  In 20 degree weather.  Yep, my pup, a little short-haired Boston terrier/chihuahua mix, wanted to swim.
  I had to fight him to keep him out of the water...even when we walked far away from it, he was pulling to go toward it.

  Now some might deduce from this (and admittedly other incidents in Dog's life with us) that he's not very bright.
  I maintain, however, that it's just a sign of his ADHD.
  Silly pup!

  ~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment