Welcome to My Corner of the World



I hope you find humor, inspiration and something worthwhile on this blog. I plan to be as candid as possible. Life is hard. I know, I've overcome a lot (and still have a way to go).
It doesn't help others if the rough things are glossed over.

I will no doubt fill this blog with stories of my achievements as a mom as well as my personal struggles.

I have an incredible husband whom I call "my sanity." I have two great kids with strong personalities. I struggle with anxiety and depression and I have had a colorful childhood.

I also have an addiction to Gilmore Girls, A&W Cream Soda, and Starbucks peppermint mocha.
I have recently added biking to my list of hobbies and also love to read, knit, and play tennis.

Welcome to my little corner of the world!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

There May be Money in Our Future

  Tonight the A and Bug were playing in their room.  Bug asked me if I wanted to come see his office.  I did, and sat down on the makeshift sleeping bag/chair.
  When I asked what his job was, he said "prescriptions."
  He then asked me what prescription I needed.  The first one that came to mind: Prozac (easy name to spell, short word, easy to remember).

  "How do you spell that?" he asks, as he prepares to write each letter as I tell him.
  A said, "what about Zyrtec, Momma?"
  Ah, yes, that would have been a better choice....

  So he wrote me my scripts and I was done.  Future pharmacist?  Perhaps.

  A also had an office.  Her profession?  Therapist.
  She invited me into her office.
  A: So do you have any anxiety?

  And the conversation went  on from there...

  Future therapist?  Maybe

  Now A is writing prescriptions for her patients and those imaginary patients are taking them to Bug to be filled.

  I'm glad I have the ability to see the humor in this whole scenario.


No comments:

Post a Comment